FOLLOW ME ON:

Saturday, April 10, 2010

MORE COMICS

Pencils. The first half of a little story.
Inks. These two pages are unrelated. When I showed my stuff around last week, a few people asked to see some inked pages, and so... here are some inked pages.
The bottom page (featuring man with knife and suit) is part of an earlier iteration of the Robin sample I did. I had the whole thing drawn out, but decided that a billion thugs in clown masks would be much cooler. It was darker than the version I ended up going with, and I think less creative.

Also, some friends of mine have recently done some comics here and here. And I still love this one, even though it's old. Check them out. You'll be glad you did.

13 comments:

M.R. Weaver said...

Jake.
Mr. Wyatt.
If you ever stop drawing whores and gangsters and bar scenes I will disown you.
I love this stuff.
But I think inks are overrated, I definitely like your pencil-line comics waaaaay better.

Simini said...

the varied line was definitely the way to go. It turned out really nice!

Will Strong said...

I got a shout out. Woot!

Jake, your comics are fun. Nuff said.

Joey Majdali said...

First off, those inks look great on the screen. Keep it up man!
And secondly, bless your soul for posting a link to my humble little comic on your blog! I am severely flattered.

Claire Gordon said...

These are looking so excellent, Jake. I love the pencil drawings.

Michael Mercer said...

jake, when do we get to reeeeeeeeeead it? This looks great!!!

Anthony Holden said...

Solid inks, Brer Wyatt.

Josh H. Black said...

turned out real nice Jake!

parisa mahmoudi said...

Well done!These are GREAT job!!!!!!!!

MrSeanSutter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MrSeanSutter said...

I like the selective hatching. Your lines are still beautiful in Ink, which can be a very challenging transition for a line.

I also really like the strange wondering black lines in the ganger scene. the ones that come down above the gangsters head. very visually interesting.

Madeline K. Rupard said...

Yeah I like the thin lines beter for some reason. I can't stop staring at that thug's lips. That is a great expression.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....